There are several Python libraries and tools that are commonly used by IT managers to improve their productivity and manage their IT infrastructure, including:
- Ansible: An open-source automation tool that can be used to automate IT tasks such as configuration management, software deployment, and orchestration. It allows you to manage and automate a wide range of IT tasks using simple, human-readable YAML files.
- SaltStack: A tool for infrastructure automation, it’s used to manage and automate large-scale IT environments. It provides a powerful and flexible framework for automating and managing IT infrastructure, including servers, storage, and networking.
- Fabric: A library for executing shell commands remotely over SSH. It can be used to automate tasks such as deploying code, running database migrations, and managing servers.
- Docker: A platform for packaging, deploying, and running applications in containers. It allows you to easily deploy and manage applications and services in a consistent and portable way.
- Kubernetes: An open-source container orchestration system that can be used to manage and automate the deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
- Prometheus: An open-source monitoring system that can be used to collect and analyze metrics from your IT infrastructure. It allows you to monitor the health and performance of your IT infrastructure, and it provides alerts and notifications when issues arise. It can be used to monitor a wide range of metrics, such as CPU and memory usage, disk space, network traffic, and application-specific metrics. Furthermore, it can also be used to collect and analyze metrics from various sources, such as servers, containers, and cloud services.